Answered By: Neal Smith Last Updated: Jan 16, 2019 Views: 24
The library uses the following criteria to systematically assess the collection:
- Poor physical Condition
- Subject no longer part of the curriculum
- Obsolete information
- Superseded edition
- Inappropriate level
- Duplicate copy, unless demand requires multiple copies
- Circulation History
- Age in some subjects is vital, where currency is a factor
Material that is deemed no longer appropriate for the library's collection will be removed and disposed of as follows:
- A sale of weeded materials deemed to have some value will be conducted so that AHU faculty, staff, and students may purchase them for a token fee.
- All remaining materials may be offered free to AHU patrons and other interested parties.
- All remaining materials shall be discarded in the trash (or recycled if possible).
For more information on the library's criteria for keeping or discarding materials, please see our Deselection Policy.